We, the members of Free Grace Church, vow before God and one another by making the following resolutions:
- We resolve to be thoroughly God-saturated in our approach to life. “Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God” (I Cor. 10:31). The animating principle of all that we do will be love to Him with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength – both inwardly and outwardly. “And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength” (Mark 12:30).
- We resolve to be intensely other-oriented by loving our neighbors as ourselves. “You shall love your neighbor as yourself” (Mark 12:31). We will focus on others instead of ourselves. We will interact as a way of life with others – lost and saved – as our Lord Jesus did while on the earth. We will aim for the conversion of the lost by being salt and light in the world. We will use all legitimate and culturally relevant means to bridge gaps between the lost and us that they might be saved.
- We resolve to be joyfully worship-focused personally, domestically, corporately, and regularly in spirit and truth with reverence and awe. “But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him” (John 4:23)
- We resolve to be practically church-centered by supporting the ministries of Free Grace Church as the household of God and house of prayer. We will exhibit joyful and sacrificial attendance, involvement, service, financial giving, prayers, and various kinds of labors. We will attend all regular gatherings of the church on the Lord’s Day and the mid-week Prayer Meeting for the glory of God and the good of our souls and the souls of others, both lost and saved. We will use our gifts for the benefit of the whole body, considering others before ourselves. “And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers “ (Acts 2:42). “To Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen” (Eph. 3:21). We will serve one another, practice the one anothers of the New Testament, and discipline each other out of love in order to restore the weak and keep the church pure. “And let up consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching” (Heb. 10:24-25).
- We resolve to be actively global-minded We will use our time, talents, money, and resources to ensure that the gospel gets spread throughout the earth, starting with our own neighborhoods. We will engage in Christ-centered, law/gospel-focused conversations with the lost and invite them to hear the gospel at church. We will support church-planting endeavors and cross-cultural, foreign mission efforts.